Saturday, November 22, 2008

On the Road Again

Hey all,

Lusaka has been amazing. The first day here I had another appointment with my doctor and then I met up with some other PCVs and went to the swankiest bar in country - I felt like I was in LA. I woke up the next morning and went to a pick game of ultimate frisbee with a group of brits and americans. After we got indian food and saw the new Bond movie. I've met a lot of PCVs, expats, US employees, aid workers, and they're all really awesome people.

Oh yeah, the address I gave a few months back is wrong. The correct address is:
PO Box 530376
Lundazi, Zambia
Africa

All the mail that's been sent to me has actually been going to another PCV - so no worries, if you have been sending stuff to the old address, I will get it. Along this subject, I've got a wishlist - I know its a little presumptious to assume you all want to send me packages, but if by chance you do and you're out of ideas, here's somethings that have been on my mind:

-Stick Deodorant (NO where to be found in Zambia - seems they only like roll and spray-ons)
-Any new music
-Any new DVDs
-Gameboy games (I know, I know, but it gets boring out in the bush)
-Magazines (Newsweek, New Scientist, Esquire, Maxim, etc)
-Pancake mix & syurp
-Kraft Macaroni and Cheeze
-Parmesan Cheese
-Skittles, Starbursts, Red Vines, and gum
-Goldfish (the cheese crackers)
-Canned cheeze wiz (there's a total lack to cheese in Zambia)
-Honey roasted peanuts
-Pictures
-And anything else you'd think would be good thousands of miles away from home in the middle of nowhere! THANKS!!!!!

Anyways, I'm hitchin back to Chipata tomorrow for a week of admin stuff and thanksgiving celebrations. I hope all is well back home, and I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!
--Ryan

1 comment:

John said...

hey bucket its me jp again. im happy to hear that your happy. you can expect a package from me. today was initiation and we just crossed 17 guys. its amazing because we now have 54 actives! its amazing to see so many alum at the house. i finally got to see jew ben again...he still looks like his old jewish self lol. mo, steve, and dmitry are graduating by the end of this quarter. and you should be proud of peter chang because he has 2 little bros who are assets to you line and the fraternity. anyways we had a big ass thanksgiving dinner, we had 3 birds. hope youre doing well and having a good time in zambia. can you post some pictures of your adventures on fb just so we can see how you are doing?

yitb,
jp 228