Thursday, November 20, 2008

Lusaka!!

Hey all,

So I arrived in Lusaka yesterday around 2 after a notsogrueling 9 hour bus ride. Well, it was relatively grueling, but I just zoned out to music and stared out into the African bush. Being out at site for two months made the bush seem a little bland, but driving through it at 100+ km/hour - it starts to vary and soon I'm reminded just how beautiful this place really is. Its the beginning of the rainy season too, so the country is bathed in green and everything has a refresing tropical feel. Anyways, we (I wasn't alone on this trip, one of my friends from my intake and from my province had to make the trip too) pulled into Lusaka and made our way straight to the medical offices. I gave the blood, recieved two vials for 'other' samples, answered a few questions, and was sent on my way. The doc said she wanted me in Lusaka till Monday and longer if something comes up (which I highly doubt anything will), but nonetheless its going to be a nice vacation from site. There's a movie theatre here (with the new Bond movie playing!), awesome food, and some friends - so I'll have enough to keep me throughly entertained till Monday. Peace Corps set me up in a really nice hotel room with my own satellite TV, shower, and even a little garden - I haven't stayed in anything this nice since Washington DC! Anyways, I'm sure I'll make another post before I leave. Thanks for all the updates, they really help!

Pampered,
Ryan

No comments: