Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cookin Runnin Doggin and soon Cattin

Hey dudes, gals, and family,

I'm back in the BOMA. We have to see immgration in the provincial capital tomorrow, so I get some time away from the village. Nothing much has changed though. I now have furniture (a bed, coffee table, couple of chairs) which is nice, but the best thing I have right now is my little ipod speakers (THANKS MOM!). The village must hate me, cause I am constantly playing music - morning to evening. But honestly, if they hate my music, so be it- it really really brightens up my day. A few things have been working like that.

Cooking. For sure cooking. Cause I have so much time on my hands breakfast and dinners are huge affairs. Just the other day I made bqq baked beans - it took 6-7 hours to make, but damn if they weren't good beans. I'm also using soya pieces - they're essentially strips of chicken-esque strips made from soy. They work like sponges soaking up what ever spice/sauce/etc I throw in.

On top of cooking and music, I've been running - a lot. I guess the massive amount of carbohydrates has something to do with, but either way I'm addicted again. Then there's the mountain biking. Its not that great, but there are some nice hills to barrel down and every once in a while I can find some entertaining single track.

Oh, then there's Tig. He's doing well, but a puppy just about to hit puberty (despite what the seller told me - he, in fact, is not fixed). I've got a pretty bad mouse problem, the villagers tell me the only solution is a cat. So I'm gonna try to pick one up either today or tomorrow.

So, I'm gonna go find a cat now. Keep the comments coming - its good to hear from y'all. Oh yeah! I got my US phone unlocked so in a matter of days I'll have the internet on my phone! I'll write somethin later.

Loves,
Ryan

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey buddy. give me a call sometime. 209-613-3188
I tried sending you a letter with some tropical gum in it since it was the only thing i could fit. let me know if you got it cuz if you did i'll try sending you some other crap from the states. hopefully it just wasn't stolen. wanta comic book or candy bars? or perhaps some happe pills? haha. if there is anything in particular you'd want i'll try and ship it. like i said, give me a call buddy and you better let me know when you plan on comming stateside again here in cali. i'll make sure to round up at least eric and shorty and come visit you.

Unknown said...

Bucket miss you buddy. Sounds like you are keeping busy.
-Hickey

KayQuac said...

BUCKET!!! im glad to see that you are back into running! it does sound like you are keeping pretty busy with your life now. keep up the blogs man! its great to hear from you. we all miss you back here in cali!

Patrick said...

Sup man, I just created this blog, I am so blitzed dude, but it sounds like you're surviving man! Miss ya man!

John said...

buck its me jp (john phan) how you been? things are different at the house without you around. im 21 now, it was my birthday in sept. and i have a 5 month old puppy too. hit me up when you come back to the states and we can drink and or play with our dogs. no homo haha

Unknown said...

I miss you bucket!

-Steve Wang

Chelsea Keating said...

sup bro
mom and lynn and steve are here reading this comment over my shoulder and they wanted to say hellllllllloooo. Hope all is good with you, I'm down in Ventura for the long weekend (it's veterans day here in the states). Say hello to the family over there for us, love ya! and DON'T GET MALARIA AGAIN.

Love love love,
Chels, mom, steve, and lynn.