Monday, September 8, 2008

Powered by beans

Hey all,

I know its been a while, but I've found an internet cafe days before I'll have access to free internet - so this one's short. I'm here in Lundazi. A BOMA (British somethingoranother...) in Eastern provience, literally right next to Malwai. I'm here for two weeks, putting down some roots, seeing my site, and getting away from training. This place is pretty cool! Ten minutes ago I was chillin out by a river 50 feet from a hippo, now I'm on a computer, and in ten more minutes I think I'm gonna go buy some 75 cent beers. Unfortunately I have to leave this place on Sunday and return to Training back in Lusaka, but that's ok, I'll get my fill till I come back in October. Oh yeah, lately instead of nshima, I've been eating beans here. A lot of beans. No really, it's sick. Anyways, till Wednesday.

Yours tootly,
Ryan

2 comments:

Jess said...

i like that you used the word toot in your post.. it made me laugh :) haha

anyway.. that's awesome you saw a hippo! i chilled by the arboretum next to a duck the other day.. and then almost killed a squirrel driving home.. actually i'm lying i didn't go to the arboretum.. but i really did almost make road kill out of a squirrel

sorry i'm hyped up on coffee right now.. i'm working a 700-1500 shift right now and got to take a girls bp 20x and then hand out a couple bandaids.. it's been a pretty busy morning i must say

miss you ryan! i've been having fun reading your blog.. hope you get more time to update.. it's good to hear what you've been up to :) take care!

Chelsea Keating said...

jealous to the max about that hippo.
mom already sent your birfday package off, too bad I didn't think to include a safari hat in that box.

Oh, and I need to get the mailing address to wherever in the world you're going to be stationed within the next coupla months, I've decided to comprise some shtuff for you.

love love love.
chels